As I get ready fro school, the Lebanese American Chamber of Commerce is still going strong with events leading through the fall and the rest of my academic year. I definitely will be attending events and I will also volunteer as much time as I can while I take my classes during this, my senior year of college.
I will be President of the Lebanese Student Association this year and with this position my internship helped me get ready for these events:
- Lebanese Independence Day
- I will get a speaker from the Lebanese American Chamber of Commerce
- The Lebanese American Chamber of Commerce will also help promote this event even though it is for our university
- Through this organization I met many people who want to donate to good causes like our Annual Scholarship Gala
- This includes small business owners
- I learned that it is important to set up fundraising events as frequently as possible to make sure we get enough money to plan our events
- Staying on top of applying for funding is also something that I plan to do (delegate to my treasurer)
- Event Coordination
- I now know the essentials for planning events, from promotion to execution and with these skills I feel like the organization will benefit from well planned out events
My internship may have ended, but my connections and skills will never go away and I thank the Lebanese American Chamber of Commerce for giving me this opportunity.